Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sans Wig!!!!

  I made a baby step!  I went out without my wig tonight, this will be the first day I was out in a public setting without it.  I went to the gym and then I showed one of my guy friends what I look like with short hair.  I have always had long hair so this was huge for me.  I am guessing other women that have either never had short hair, or have had the post chemo experience can relate to what I'm saying.... Anyway, I told myself there was no way I would even go without until my hair was a certain length, but I did, and I'm happy I did.  My neighbors who don't know me well had seen me without in passing and my family who knows me very well.  A friend who is honest, well he honestly liked it, that helped for sure...
  I realized a long time ago that I am not my hair, but just the same it's been a very big deal to me waiting for it to grow... Anyway, I am grateful to be well and be making progress in my life.  Thanks again for all the support... !!!!

And will be going over blood labs from a bit ago coming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment