Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11/1/11

  Halloween came and went! I had a great time with one of my close friends.  We ate a ton of chocolate, also spent time going thrift store shopping.  Tomorrow is Wednesday, again!  So from tomorrow I have just one week until Chemo.  I will get a blood draw tomorrow to make sure everything is up to par.
   Colds and the flu, everyone and there dog is sick it seems.  I have to squirt that nasty germ killer gel on everyone it seems.  It's not called that nasty germ killer gel, but it may as well be.  Today I got so tired, that I drank an energy drink from the health food store.  It comes in waves, where I can feel just about wiped out. I don't want to get into the energy drink habit, but these were extra special healthy ones.  It did give me the boost.  The pain patch I have taken off, and I feel achy slightly.
  My dad is coming from SoCal tomorrow!  I am excited to see him, I think it will be a great time.  I hope my energy stays up.  I thought of buying a case of energy drinks to have on hand, but that's not my style.
 Though too much coffee also isn't good, actually no coffee I believe is what is recommended.  Yeah right!!!
  Akward moments: I ran into this guy I haven't seen in years, and naturally I felt he could tell I had a wig on, though everyone that comments thinks the short one is my hair cut short.  Anyway I saw him once, said hi, then was acting like a dork by merchandise as well as next to my friend, dancing to the cheezy music, and then he addressed me again after walking up behind me, I don't know why but the whole exchange made me feel silly.
  Here's another one:  This woman asked me how I got my hair so shiny, and even though I know of a ton of products that will get your hair to that high of a shine, I just stood there and stared at her for like 40 seconds, then told her it was a wig.  My friend bumped me, like just tell her (I think that's what the bump was for) and that wasn't so bad, telling her.  Then after that I told her of high gloss sprays, uh, I could have done that in the first place, lol.
  And this was funny my friend and I had been to a place where the people all bust out and line dance, which so isn't my thing, but while we were in the back shopping this country music came on and we started the dancing after I mentioned the line dance style, and sure enough around the corner came this hot guy who started laughing...it was funny considering I have no idea how to dance like that, and the fact we were doing it in the store....for all of you that don't know (I'm a goof!)

5 comments:

  1. I think you handled those situations fine considering. We are all goofs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we would have so much fun shopping together! I do those things too. I will even burst into song, but I wont karaoke. Hmmm wonder what that means in psychiatry? LOL Rock on M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I don't even want to know what it means. I am sure the people shopping around us would love it if we were out shopping together. Ahh entertaining to be sure...I am not a karaoker either, nope, well when I use to drink, but that's different (and quite sad, haha) and I'll keep rockin' on just as long as you do Ellen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you ask a psychiatrist I suppose I do actually want to know ;)

    ReplyDelete